On September 1, 2020, Coldwater Communications issued a press release notifying the media about BC-based Marwick Marketing’s expansion into the U.K. From September 1 to September 30, a four week local media relations campaign was executed to help increase awareness of the Marwick Marketing brand and promote their expansion. Founded in 2012, Marwick Marketing has grown into a leading digital marketing agency that prides itself on its work with SEO, Google Ads, social media, and website design. Expansion is one of the ways Marwick Marketing is building positive momentum established through its work helping Canadian businesses before and during the pandemic. Launching into new markets enables the company to grow while continuing to support the economy in BC.
- Launched a traditional media outreach campaign, including press release + targeted media pitching to secure earned media coverage
- Over 20 BC-based news outlets were pitched including television, radio, print and online outlets
- Within those outlets, 34 journalists throughout the province were pitched with customized messages
- Coldwater Communications pitched the news story to leading print, digital, and radio media contacts that cover businesses, entrepreneurship and local BC news
- Targeted outlets pitched include Bloomberg, Strategy Magazine and Business in Vancouver
- Media outlets that covered the story include: Bloomberg, Business in Vancouver, Yahoo Finance, ExBulletin, Stockhouse and Mountain FM
- Media coverage obtained increased overall brand awareness of Marwick Marketing and informed the public of their expansion into the U.K., while boosting their profile across British Columbia