Part-time Media Outreach Officer
Number of hours per week: 5-15 (fully remote/work from home anywhere in Canada)
Pay rate: $23/hour
Start date: Immediate
About Coldwater Communications
Coldwater Communications is a refreshingly unique public relations agency helping you navigate the constantly evolving media landscape that increasingly defines our world. Female-founded and led, we are an integrated communications collective specializing in media and public relations, brand strategy, corporate communications and thought-leadership. Founded on the core principle that public relations should be used as a tool for good and a driver of social change, we thrive on helping clients meet complex challenges in the areas of social, economic and environmental justice.
We are looking for a dynamic, passionate and skilled Media Outreach Officer to join our growing PR agency. This position is a remote part-time role that requires occasional work in the evenings and on weekends. The successful candidate will be an integral part of our team working alongside our account managers, senior PR consultants and Coldwater’s founder.
The Media Outreach Officer will be responsible for executing the following:
- Disseminating pitches to targeted media lists on behalf of Coldwater and our clients.
- Developing media lists for client campaigns using Cision, our media database.
- Monitoring media outlets for coverage.
- Acting as the main point of contact for the media and coordinating media interviews.
- Updating the Account Manager on all media outreach activity and media responses and requests (daily or as it occurs).
- Providing a weekly summary of media campaign activity to Account Managers.
- Creating media coverage reports.
Required education and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or pursuing a degree in Communications, Journalism or Public Relations
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Google Docs
- Previous public or media relations experience considered an asset
Please apply with your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line: Media outreach officer opportunity.